Monday, June 27, 2011

Unemployment

My husband lost his job last Monday. I've spent the last week trying to figure out what to say about this in a public forum. To say I'm frustrated would be an understatement. Other people saw it coming, but my husband went along in bliss, just ignoring that there was a problem. So here we are trying to figure out how to live on one income when we couldn't afford our expenses on two incomes.

We are presently 25,000 in debt, partly from dental work for my husband, partly from traveling, and partly from just plain overspending. We have a 4000 a month mortgage, yes, that's 4 grand. That's probably more than many people make a month and that's our mortgage. We also have a two year old, and well, that isn't cheap either.

I've at least come to terms with our circumstances, and my husband is out there searching for a job. So hopefully this comes to a conclusion soon, because we won't survive more than about 6 months on one income.

No comments:

Post a Comment