Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not so Vegan...

I did really good at the whole Vegan thing for a few days, then came pizza and lasagna on Tuesday and a latte with milk on Wednesday. I stayed vegetarian, but that whole cheese and milk thing is hard. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to cheese, I want to, I really do, but when it's just staring me in the face, I am terrible. I never really thought about how hard it is to avoid cheese. Restaurants stick cheese on everything from your salad to your burrito. It's hard to say, "can I just get a bean burrito", it doesn't even sound good, no meat, no cheese.

However, I am learning not to mind skipping those things when at home. We made mushroom Stroganoff last night with soymilk and fresh wheat fettucini. Other than being a little too thick (should've added more vegetable stock) it was really, really good. I've also learned to really love hummus. Yes, i know, it's just beans, but add some garlic and jalapeno and it's pretty good. So I guess that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment