Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Going Vegan

I'm going vegan, well for 28 days any way. I'm a hard core meat eater, I eat it at least 2 times per day and if you include eggs it would be almost always 3. We are also getting rid of most of the artificial food in our lives. The crap that is making this nation fat. I truly believe that, but it's hard. That means dinner takes about 30-60 minutes to cook every day. For two working parents with a two year old, that's a lot.

But I'm doing this for my son. He is eating way too much processed crap. We give him graham crackers whenever he is hungry and nothing else is available quickly. It's terrible, and totally my fault. So I'm making a change. A drastic one. We are going vegan for 28 days, and Alex well he's going vegetarian. He still gets his milk and eggs. Neither of which do I see a real problem with when it comes to a two year old.

This is a test, to see if I can really do it and improve my health drastically. Then I'll be happy to add back in some meats, cheeses and eggs, but only when I really want them and will truly appreciate them. No more adding chicken to a dish just to add chicken. That's just crazy. And I'll skip the cheese on most things because it's just fat. If someone were to call cheese what it really is, processed fat, I guarantee that many people would stop eating it. Oddly enough I think the thing I'll miss most is a good steak, fish, and eggs.

Let's see how this goes. Taking it one day at a time. I've made it 3.5 days (pumpkin bread made with butter on the first day, oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment