Thursday, June 2, 2011

About me and my son

I am Amanda, mom to a beautiful little boy, full-time financial analyst at Lockheed Martin, and a wife to my husband of almost 5 years now.

In addition to my primary roles, last year I took on the great challenge of training for an Olympic distance triathlon which I completed in April. I am now training for the San Francisco Nike Marathon in October. All with Team in Training, which requires significant fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

My son, Alex, is 2 years old. He is my whole world and I treasure every minute I get to spend with him, which is a lot fewer minutes than I'd like.

Alex was born with a heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot and had open heart surgery at 10 weeks old. It seems like that was forever ago now, but it is always on my mind as to how it might affect his future. Alex also has Cystic Fibrosis, which to date has caused very few issues. He has had a few more sinus infections than he probably should have had at 2 yo, but other than that he is doing very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment