Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vancouver Friends

This weekend we had friends visiting from Vancouver and one staying at our house. It made for another crazy weekend.

Our friend John was picking Sonja and Zafira up at the airport and dropping Sonja off on Thursday night. Their flight was late, so they didn't make it to our house until midnight. Although I had spoken to Sonja on the phone and over e-mail, I'd never actually met her. When she arrived it was a hello, how are you, nice to meet you in person, here's the kitchen, bathroom, your bedroom, good night kind of evening. Alex had long been in bed, and I needed to hit the sheets as well. The next morning I got up at 6:30am for work.

Friday was a fairly normal day for us because they went to Napa for the day. I went to work and Mike, Alex and I had turkey burgers and corn for dinner. But Saturday was a bit nuts. I got up at 6:45am to go running, because I am training for a marathon and needed to get a run in before everyone got going that morning. I drove out to the trailhead only to find that my new Garmin Forerunner 305 didn't have a charge. Since it was half the reason I was looking forward to running on Saturday, I turned around and drove home to charge it. I left for the second time at 8:15 to attempt my run again. I ran 10 miles that morning in 2hr 21min. I was fine until about mile 8, and by the time I was done, I felt like most people were walking faster than I was running. I drove home showered, changed and went to lunch and shopping with the girls (Zafira, Sonja, myself and Robin). Then that night Mike and I made dinner for Zafira, Sonja and John. Zafira and Sonja adore Alex (how can you not). They had a blast playing with him the whole night.

Sunday kind of followed Saturday's routine. I went swimming in the morning at 8:30am. Then, home to shower and off to the farmer's market. We had lunch with our friends to celebrate John's son's birthday, and then back home for Alex's nap. We ended that night with dinner out with our friends in San Jose at La Pinata. Thankfully, they were very tolerant of Alex's need to get up and wander around a few times, and even our exits and entrances to keep him entertained.

If it sounds like we never stopped this weekend. We didn't. I need a vacation from my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment