Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gardening Hurts

That sounds really weird coming from someone that has done 4 triathlons and is training for a marathon, but I hurt more have gardening than after running. First, we dug up the plants in the back yard planted against the foundation. They were ugly. And we replaced them with the over growing ones from the front yard. Of course, instead of using a shovel, I decided to dig the up with my hands so I wouldn't destroy their roots. We also replanted our herb garden in a window box planter so they would have some extra room. Then, I weeded 2/3 of the front yard, skipping the part where the bees were hanging out. Lastly, I replaced the over grown plants with some annuals which will hold me out until spring. This all sounds lovely, but I did it all without gloves, and obviously without balance because while trying to actually use the shovel, I fell over and landed in a rose bush. Both me and the rose bush survived, but it was probably a scene for America's funniest home video's if we'd caught it on video. I'm glad we did not.

I've decided that maybe holiday weekends are more dangerous than just going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment